Skip to main content

Heather's Hues November Polish Pickup

     Hello, all! I have Heather's Hues Polish Pickup for November to share with you today. The theme is Bad Ass Women and Heather chose Frida Kahlo as her inspiration. Before we talk more about the woman who inspired this polish, let’s talk about Polish Pickup for a minute.




   

     Polish Pickup is an interactive group on Facebook (I will include the link to the group at the end of this post) that allows you to submit theme ideas for each month and vote for your favorite theme. After the theme is picked, you may then select your favorite polishes to purchase from a multitude of different makers here. The shop opens the first Friday of every month and closes the following Monday. This month, the shop opens on 11/2 at 11 am EST and closes 11/5 at 11:59pm EST. They offer flat rate shipping to the US ($3) and Canada ($5) and orders will usually start shipping about 3 weeks after the shop has closed. It’s an amazing concept and is very popular! Ok, let’s see some polish pics!

     Heather loves this wonderful quote from Frida Kahlo: “I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.” So the name of the polish is perfect! 


     I’m Just as Strange as You will be $13 and will be capped at 200 bottles so do not hesitate on this one! It’s a tri-thermal that shifts from a chocolatey brown(cold state) to red then pink (warm state). It has multichrome flakes that shift from gold to bronze to silver and red to orange, iridescent orange to pink to gold flakes, red to pink to gold chameleon microglitters, red to gold aurora shimmer and gold holo dust. It’s packed with flakes and lots of sparkly goodness and I love it. I used 3 coats plus Cuticula’s scented base and top coats for this mani. It was very cold in my house the day I tried to photograph this polish and my circulation isn’t the best in my hands when I’m chilly but I love watching it transition. 











     I absolutely adore thermal for the fall season and this one is definitely one that I was happy to add to my stash. Head over to Polish Pickup and put this on your wishlist and don’t forget to browse all the other offerings that will be available as well. Thank you for reading!                                     
Links
                                                           Polish Pickup Facebook Group 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pahlish Black Friday 2019

Hello, lovelies! I have a gorgeous new collection from Pahlish to share with you today and it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Pahlish’s Black Friday releases! Every year, Shannon makes the most gorgeous collection for us and of course, she’s done it again!  This year, the new collection is inspired by the wonder and imagination of the Russian Ballet! These polishes are stunners, every one!  Ok, let’s get into the release details first then we can dive into the swatches. The Russian Ballet collection will be available as a preorder and will start at 12:01am Central time on 11/29  and end  at 11:59 pm central time on 12/2. Everything on the site will be an unlimited preorder and there will be tons of new polishes, Black Friday exclusive sample batches, re-released shades and two gift with purchase colors.  All $50+ orders will receive Odette and $75+ orders will receive Odette and Clockwork Castle. All free shipping offers will remain available but any acti...

Polish Pickup September 2019

  Hello, again! I have 2 polishes from Polish Pickup to share with you today! September’s theme is Magic And Alchemy and the makers involved have created some beautiful things for us!  Let’s talk about Polish Pickup first and then we’ll get into the swatches. For first time readers, Polish Pickup is an interactive group on Facebook (I will include the link to the group at the end of this post) that allows you to submit theme ideas for each month and vote for your favorite theme. After the theme is picked, you may then select your favorite polishes to purchase from a multitude of different makers. It’s a fabulous concept and very popular! The  shop  opens the first Friday of every month and closes the following Monday. This month, the shop opens on 9/6 at 11 am EST and closes on 9/9 at 11:59pm EST. They offer flat rate shipping to the US ($3) and Canada ($5) and orders will usually start shipping about 3 weeks after the shop has closed. Ready for swatches? C...

Pahlish Twelve Days Of Christmas Revisited

        Hello, lovelies! Today, I have the new releases from Pahlish to share with you. There’s 14 polishes total so this will be a photo heavy post. Alright, let’s get into the swatches!      I’m going to start with the first day of Christmas, of course! Partridge in a Pear Tree is a stunning taupe cream with holo flakes, red and green shimmers and multichrome flakes. I used 3 coats and a quick drying top coat for this swatch. The formula for all of these polishes was very easy to work with and I had no problems with any of them. If any of you have ever used Pahlish before, you know that her formula is on point at all times, so it was no surprise that these were the same. I have become a huge fan of neutral polishes lately so this polish stayed on my nails for a full day!        Two Turtledoves is up next. This polish is a grey cream with a blue to pink multichrome shimmer and holo flakes. The blue shimmer is really str...