Skip to main content

Grace-full Nail Polish Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum collection

     Hello, lovelies! I have a new collection from Grace-full Nail Polish called Nolite te bastardes carborundorum which is Latin for “Don’t let the bastards grind you down” and is inspired by the amazing show and book, The Handmaid’s Tale. I love this show and have attempted to read the book. My short attention span and busy schedule make it hard to read books at times.

     This collection will be available here on 10/26 at 8pm AEDT (Australian time) or 5am Central time. 



                                                      

     This collection has 8 polishes and was inspired by an idea from the Facebook fan group (I will post the link to this down below). Theresa (maker of Grace-full) purposely left out the extra sparkles and add ins that she would usually add to her polishes since this collection is based on a very utilitarian society. Ok, swatch time! Let’s get into it. 

     Praise Be is a soft green crelly with gold and silver holo microglitters. I was able to achieve opacity in 2 coats and the formula for this and the 7 other polishes was perfect. It stayed exactly where I put it, no pooling in my cuticles, no pulling when applying, just easy coverage. I also topped it off with a quick drying top coat.









     Blessed Are The Meek is a brown/khaki/army green linear holo with a gold base and was inspired by the Aunts and their attire. This polish was opaque in 2 coats and I used a quick drying top coat for this swatch. 









     Under His Brow is a deep brown linear holo and is a bit of a play on words as it was inspired by Nick’s beautiful brown eyes. This polish was opaque in 2 easy coats and I topped it off with a quick drying top coat. 









     Good Weather is a soft gray crelly with a pink shift and ultrachrome chameleon iridescent flakies. The book and TV show clashes in informing us of the color worn by the Econowives so Theresa went with a neutral that had pops of color in the shift and flakes to show the inner beauty of the wives, especially Eden, Nick’s wife. I used 3 thin coats and a quick drying top coat for this swatch. 









     Son of Jacob is an ultrachrome chameleon magnetic polish with a purple to green magnetic multichrome shimmer. This polish was inspired by Fred, the Commander. If you’re a frequent reader of my blog or follow me on Instagram, you know that I am obsessed with magnetic polishes so I absolutely loved this one! I wore it for a day and kept staring at the shift, it was stunning. I did take quite a few pictures of this polish and I also took pictures before I applied a magnet for all the non-magnetic people out there. I used 2 coats for this swatch. When the second coat was wet, I applied an arc magnet for about 30-40 seconds. I think only about 15 seconds is needed but I have found that the longer I hold it, the better the magnetic effect. I used Cuticula’s scented base and top coat and applied the magnet again after top coat application. 



















     May The Lord Open is an aurora shimmer polish that shows teal in some lighting and blue in others. This polish was inspired by the Commander’s wives. It’s a beautiful polish. I used 3 thin coats and a quick drying top coat for this swatch. 









     Guardians is a French navy linear holo and was inspired by the color of the uniforms worn by the guardians and drivers. I’m a sucker for blue holos and this one is lovely! It was opaque for me in 2 easy coats and I topped it off with a quick drying top coat.









     Blessed Be The Fruit is a red linear holo with red metallic flakes and was inspired by the uniforms of the Handmaids. I love reds as well and this one is so gorgeous! I used 2 coats and a quick drying top coat for this swatch. 









     I love watching this show as it’s such an intriguing tale and to swatch a collection based on that show was wonderful! I thought they were all beautifully done and perfect for the inspiration they were drawn from. Will you be picking any of these up on the 26th? Let me know in the comments and thank you for reading! 

                                                                      Links
                                                     Grace-full Nail Polish Shop
                                                 Grace-full Nail Polish Instagram 
                                            Grace-full Nail Polish Facebook Group


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pahlish Black Friday 2019

Hello, lovelies! I have a gorgeous new collection from Pahlish to share with you today and it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Pahlish’s Black Friday releases! Every year, Shannon makes the most gorgeous collection for us and of course, she’s done it again!  This year, the new collection is inspired by the wonder and imagination of the Russian Ballet! These polishes are stunners, every one!  Ok, let’s get into the release details first then we can dive into the swatches. The Russian Ballet collection will be available as a preorder and will start at 12:01am Central time on 11/29  and end  at 11:59 pm central time on 12/2. Everything on the site will be an unlimited preorder and there will be tons of new polishes, Black Friday exclusive sample batches, re-released shades and two gift with purchase colors.  All $50+ orders will receive Odette and $75+ orders will receive Odette and Clockwork Castle. All free shipping offers will remain available but any acti...

Polish Pickup September 2019

  Hello, again! I have 2 polishes from Polish Pickup to share with you today! September’s theme is Magic And Alchemy and the makers involved have created some beautiful things for us!  Let’s talk about Polish Pickup first and then we’ll get into the swatches. For first time readers, Polish Pickup is an interactive group on Facebook (I will include the link to the group at the end of this post) that allows you to submit theme ideas for each month and vote for your favorite theme. After the theme is picked, you may then select your favorite polishes to purchase from a multitude of different makers. It’s a fabulous concept and very popular! The  shop  opens the first Friday of every month and closes the following Monday. This month, the shop opens on 9/6 at 11 am EST and closes on 9/9 at 11:59pm EST. They offer flat rate shipping to the US ($3) and Canada ($5) and orders will usually start shipping about 3 weeks after the shop has closed. Ready for swatches? C...

Pahlish Twelve Days Of Christmas Revisited

        Hello, lovelies! Today, I have the new releases from Pahlish to share with you. There’s 14 polishes total so this will be a photo heavy post. Alright, let’s get into the swatches!      I’m going to start with the first day of Christmas, of course! Partridge in a Pear Tree is a stunning taupe cream with holo flakes, red and green shimmers and multichrome flakes. I used 3 coats and a quick drying top coat for this swatch. The formula for all of these polishes was very easy to work with and I had no problems with any of them. If any of you have ever used Pahlish before, you know that her formula is on point at all times, so it was no surprise that these were the same. I have become a huge fan of neutral polishes lately so this polish stayed on my nails for a full day!        Two Turtledoves is up next. This polish is a grey cream with a blue to pink multichrome shimmer and holo flakes. The blue shimmer is really str...