Skip to main content

New Mani!

    Hello, Lacquer Lovers! How was your day? I enjoyed a snow day with my kids and celebrated my daughter's 4th birthday! I had a great day and I hope everyone else did, too! 
    I've been looking at quite a few pins on Pinterest lately to get new ideas to try for my blog and also to post in the new group I joined The Lacquer Legion. The theme for posts this month was reinvention so I wanted to find something I haven't tried to do before. I loved the idea of doing something different on each nail. My original plan was to attempt to do a chevron pattern but my first attempt at this was not successful at all. I'll just have to keep practicing, I guess. More details after the jump!
    I used three of my favorite Essie colors: No More Film- a beautiful creamy blurple that I love,Warm & Toasty Turtleneck- another cream lilac that's gorgeous, and Naughty Nautical- a sparkly green-blue that is so pretty! On my ring finger I used Nicole by OPI- Lips Are Dripping Honey from the Carrie Underwood collection that I recently acquired that I was surprised I liked since I tend to shy away from gold colors. It is so sparkly and pretty with the pink tones in it that I couldn't resist, though!
   I had never tried to do either the half moon nails or the herringbone nails so these were both new techniques to me. I love the way the herringbone nails came out and I will definitely be trying this technique out again. It turned out great, I think! I love the way the half moon mani came out, too but I had a hard time with this technique. I didn't have any hole reinforcements to use so I tried using scotch tape which kind of came out blotchy and I had to fix with a brush to even out. On my right hand I did it freehand which was even harder so I will definitely be making a trip to buy some hole reinforcements soon so I can use those out the next time I try this. The dots and stripes I've done quite a few times and I always love the way it turns out. I used a coat of China Glaze- Fairy Dust over all my nails except the ring fingers and then as a top coat of Seche Vite over everything to give it shininess! I had fun with this mani and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did! Happy polishing! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pahlish Black Friday 2019

Hello, lovelies! I have a gorgeous new collection from Pahlish to share with you today and it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Pahlish’s Black Friday releases! Every year, Shannon makes the most gorgeous collection for us and of course, she’s done it again!  This year, the new collection is inspired by the wonder and imagination of the Russian Ballet! These polishes are stunners, every one!  Ok, let’s get into the release details first then we can dive into the swatches. The Russian Ballet collection will be available as a preorder and will start at 12:01am Central time on 11/29  and end  at 11:59 pm central time on 12/2. Everything on the site will be an unlimited preorder and there will be tons of new polishes, Black Friday exclusive sample batches, re-released shades and two gift with purchase colors.  All $50+ orders will receive Odette and $75+ orders will receive Odette and Clockwork Castle. All free shipping offers will remain available but any acti...

Polish Pickup September 2019

  Hello, again! I have 2 polishes from Polish Pickup to share with you today! September’s theme is Magic And Alchemy and the makers involved have created some beautiful things for us!  Let’s talk about Polish Pickup first and then we’ll get into the swatches. For first time readers, Polish Pickup is an interactive group on Facebook (I will include the link to the group at the end of this post) that allows you to submit theme ideas for each month and vote for your favorite theme. After the theme is picked, you may then select your favorite polishes to purchase from a multitude of different makers. It’s a fabulous concept and very popular! The  shop  opens the first Friday of every month and closes the following Monday. This month, the shop opens on 9/6 at 11 am EST and closes on 9/9 at 11:59pm EST. They offer flat rate shipping to the US ($3) and Canada ($5) and orders will usually start shipping about 3 weeks after the shop has closed. Ready for swatches? C...

Pahlish Twelve Days Of Christmas Revisited

        Hello, lovelies! Today, I have the new releases from Pahlish to share with you. There’s 14 polishes total so this will be a photo heavy post. Alright, let’s get into the swatches!      I’m going to start with the first day of Christmas, of course! Partridge in a Pear Tree is a stunning taupe cream with holo flakes, red and green shimmers and multichrome flakes. I used 3 coats and a quick drying top coat for this swatch. The formula for all of these polishes was very easy to work with and I had no problems with any of them. If any of you have ever used Pahlish before, you know that her formula is on point at all times, so it was no surprise that these were the same. I have become a huge fan of neutral polishes lately so this polish stayed on my nails for a full day!        Two Turtledoves is up next. This polish is a grey cream with a blue to pink multichrome shimmer and holo flakes. The blue shimmer is really str...